What is rukzuk?
rukzuk is a all-in-one platform to design, manage and publish websites. It combines design tool, content management system (CMS) and web hosting.
Which System requirements does my Computer have to meet to run rukzuk?
A computer with an internet connection and a modern browser are all you need. At the moment rukzuk works best in the latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported. Apart from a browser, you don’t need to install any additional software.
Which CMS does rukzuk use?
rukzuk’s CMS is entirely custom-built and not based on any existing CMS like Wordpress, Drupal or Typo3. There’s a couple of differences between those traditional systems and rukzuk:
- Since the design tool is seamlessly integrated, no HTML templates must be coded. In rukzuk the complete template or layout can be designed visually and without any programming.
- rukzuk delivers all the basic CMS functionality ’d expect, like pages, dynamic navigations, fine-grained editing rights and user groups.
- The editing interface is easy to use and provides lots of visual feedback. Many of our users find it much easier than, say, Typo3.
- In rukzuk editing interface and live website are completely separated. When you publish, we generate a static version of your site and push that to the production server. This brings a much higher level of security compared to other systems.
- Updates happen automatically and we take care of any security updates.
Do I need to install rukzuk locally?
No. Neither you or your clients need to install anything to use rukzuk. Updates come regularly and are installed automatically. There’s virtually no maintenance on your part. You won’t need an IT department, just an internet connection and a modern browser.
Who is rukzuk built for?
We built rukzuk primarily for freelance designers and design agencies. We cover all steps in the process from design to client handoff. At no point do you need to worry about paying web developers or maintainance cost.
What browsers will the sites I build with rukzuk work in?
Sites built in rukzuk are optimized for the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer from version 10
- Safari from version 7
- as well as the mobile browser in iOS and Android
We make sure sites also work in Internet Explorer 9, but we can’t account for visual differences that may or may not show up. That’s due to our use of modern web technologies.
My client’s old website got hacked. Is rukzuk secure?
We can’t promise anything. But: In rukzuk the editing interface and live website are completely seperated. What gets pushed to your live server is just a static snapshot of your site. The admin interface lives on our own, Germany-based servers. That makes our system by design more secure than others. Also, we roll out updates multiple times each month and make sure you’re always on the latest version.