In this sprint, we focussed on cleaning up and refining our application and infrastructure in multiple areas. In addition to that, we switched all our analytics to the brand new Heap Analytics (the marketing team loves it) and introduced default values to most style modules to improve the onboarding user experience.
Finished up the Rebranding
While we managed to get our website, our social media channels and the application itself onto the new corporate design during the last sprint, we also missed some stuff. Our bills, as well as some of our support emails still had the old logo and name on them, which we have now fixed. If you happen to spot artifacts of the old corporate identity anywhere, please let us know.
If you have noticed the application feeling more responsive and faster lately, that’s because we changed the way lots of the loading animations work. Where we’d previously block out the entire screen with a black overlay, we now display a subtle spinner animation that fades in and out smoothly. Even our design team, who suggested this change were surprised by the big, positive impact a small change like this has to the overall user experience.